Your Diet Plays a Major Role in Gout Attacks!
Gout is quite a serious condition which affects thousands all over the globe; your diet plan does have a significant role in minimizing or elevating, the chances of Gout Attacks. Gout is generally caused by the rise in blood urea levels, causing in the formation of the monosodium urate crystals. The formation of the crystals in your joints is mainly what is responsible for the excruciating pain, which you might be facing during an attack.
The symptoms indicating you might be facing an attack!
Before we proceed to how your diet plays a part in controlling your Gout Attack, let us first take a look into the various symptoms indicating you might have the condition. The symptoms of Gout vary largely, however the most common symptoms are surrounding your big toe, ankle or knees. Gout Symptoms may also be apparent in your hands as well. If you are suffering from the following symptoms, it might be a wise idea to revise your food chart:
- Any form of swelling or a tenderness, in your joints. The swelling mostly happens during the night time and is almost unbearable in nature.
- Appearance of the joint is reddish or might also be a bit purple. The joint which is affected might also have an infected appearance.
- Reduced mobility. The mobility of your joints are hugely affected, hindering their movement.
- Itching of the area affected by the condition, is another of the most common symptoms.
- If you are suffering from chronic gout, chances are you might not suffer from the highly painful Gout Attacks. Instead, there might be continuous pain surrounding the area.
- The symptoms indicating Gout might first occur after any surgery, which you might have undertook in the recent past.
Building a proper diet and sticking to it!
If you have suffered from an attack or have been diagnosed with the condition, you would be amazed by how much your diet affects the condition. As already mentioned your diet can build up a Gout Attack, or help prevent it. Purines are a compound found in protein rich foods, which break down or disintegrate into higher levels of uric acid in your blood. Having a proper knowledge of which food you should be consuming, puts you in an advantageous position.
Avoid Purines to fend off Gout Attacks!
Some of the foods you should be completely avoiding are:
- Kidneys, livers and brains.
- Red meats such as lamb, pork or beef.
- Any other red meats in significant quantities.
- Mackerel, Sardines, Herring and Scallops.
The above listed foods are quite high in Purines and raise the chances of you facing an attack. Basically whenever you are settling for a meal, make sure that the feed is not particularly high on Purines.
The foods good for your condition
The foods you should be including in your diet which aid in your Gout Treatment are:
- Green vegetables and tomatoes.
- Non whole grain breads and cereals.
- Fruits and fruit juices.
- Chocolate and cocoa.
- Egg whites, low fat dairy products.
- Coffee or tea.
- Peanut butter and nuts.
Also if you are overweight, exercising should a part of your daily lifestyle. Having a proper diet chart along with maintaining a proper routine, might help you completely fend off your Gout Attacks.